Your SEO optimized title page contents

Forums » Off-Topic Discussions

Sucktastic Days

• 21 posts
    February 24, 2015 1:32 AM EST
    So, Saturday (the 21st of February) was a totally bummer day. It marked the 5 year anniversary of my grandfather's death (I really admired him, he was a true war hero), and it was also my best friends grandfathers funeral. I don't usually go to funerals (as being in the same room as a corpse makes me wig out a bit), but I wanted to support her, and be there for her family whom I've known basically since I was in kindergarten. I cried a little, knowing what they were going through, but overall I was doing okay. When it came time to go to the cemetery, I started having a panic attack. I haven't been in a cemetery in years, as I've always had a weird phobia about walking on peoples graves. Since the headstones were faveing in different directions, I couldn't walk through the place comfortably and it started to bug me. I started talking to my friend, and greeted her family and talked to them for a few minutes, and I looked over and seen the casket being carried, and lost my shit. I freaked out, made my excuses, and left. I felt horrible, but I had this sudden vision of what it would be like to be buried. Slowly being lowered into the ground. I learned that I really don't handle death very well, and don't know how to get over it...I just needed to vent a little bit, because this is really bugging me. Also, does anyone else have a phobia about walking on graves or through cemeteries? I don't know anyone else with this problem. My family says I've been like that since I was a little tiny kid, and I don't really know why
    • 34 posts
    February 24, 2015 2:58 AM EST

Some people are more sensitave to things most of us dont give a second thought to. like when you have that feeling your being watched but cant see anybody. i would guess it comes from a strong survival instinct. or i drank too much again and this only makes sense to me.

• 97 posts
    February 24, 2015 7:45 AM EST

Yet you post and look at gore and serial murderer shit???   I see this type of comment quite a bit and always wonder that.  I rarely look at that kind of thing and I'm there for my friends in their time of need.  I hate funerals and have been to too many this year....

• February 24, 2015 9:17 AM EST

I've recently started watching the series 6 feet under.  It addresses life and death in pretty good detail.  I've never been a fan of funerals but it's not so much the death part.  For me death is simple.  Your here and then your gone.  I try and not ponder on what comes after because the truth is no one knows.  Funerals are supposed to be all about letting go and saying goodbye, but they seem like such drawn out affairs.  I have asked my wife that if I die before her to have me cremated and my ashes scattered.  No funeral or crying over some grave.  But I understand that not everyone has the type of attitude that I do towards death, so when it is requried I go and pay my respects in hopes that what little support I can provide helps someone in their time of loss.  And I know a few people who won't walk over graves so your not alone in your fear.

• 21 posts
    February 24, 2015 11:03 AM EST
    Camp said:

Yet you post and look at gore and serial murderer shit???   I see this type of comment quite a bit and always wonder that.  I rarely look at that kind of thing and I'm there for my friends in their time of need.  I hate funerals and have been to too many this year....

It seems weird, I know. Looking at other people in pictures doesn't bug me. I started looking at gore pictures because even the sight of blood in movies used to make me vomit. So I desensitized myself by forcing myself to look at the real stuff. Now, I just can't be around a corpse...there's no way for me to desensitize to real life
    • 21 posts
    February 24, 2015 11:05 AM EST
    johnstone_ed said:

I've recently started watching the series 6 feet under.  It addresses life and death in pretty good detail.  I've never been a fan of funerals but it's not so much the death part.  For me death is simple.  Your here and then your gone.  I try and not ponder on what comes after because the truth is no one knows.  Funerals are supposed to be all about letting go and saying goodbye, but they seem like such drawn out affairs.  I have asked my wife that if I die before her to have me cremated and my ashes scattered.  No funeral or crying over some grave.  But I understand that not everyone has the type of attitude that I do towards death, so when it is requried I go and pay my respects in hopes that what little support I can provide helps someone in their time of loss.  And I know a few people who won't walk over graves so your not alone in your fear.

I've told my husband I am to be sent to a body farm to rot in peace. I'm terrified of being buried, and I don't want my ashes to sit on a mantle or a box somewhere collecting dust. I want to help science.
  • February 24, 2015 11:26 AM EST

Natticate said:
    johnstone_ed said:

I've told my husband I am to be sent to a body farm to rot in peace. I'm terrified of being buried, and I don't want my ashes to sit on a mantle or a box somewhere collecting dust. I want to help science.

I thought about donating to science but I figured my wife would be happier scattering my ashes.  I asked her to not keep them as like you I don't want them just sitting around and find it a little creepy, but I told her I'll be dead so I don't really care.  

• 18 posts
    February 24, 2015 7:15 PM EST

My mom is 70 and in poor health. Last year during one of her many doctors' appointments, she had to have a body scan. She told me when they put her in the tube she freaked out. She felt like she was in a coffin. After that bad experience she told me she didn't want to be buried in a casket, she wants to be cremated. And just today she called me to let me know she finally had her will prepared. I had been asking her for the last year to have it done as I saw all the legal/ financial bullshit one of my friends went through when his dad passed away, and didn't have a will.

So she told me that I would be the executioner...I said executor? She said executioner. I told her, ok mom I'll be right over to kill you... Hearing her cackle was the best thing I heard all week.

• 97 posts
    February 24, 2015 7:35 PM EST

About 3 weeks ago I scattered my dad on the 50 yard line of the high school football field with my sister.  I was supossed to do that with my brother but we never got around to it.  Sadly, now I have his ashes in my spare room and am waiting for the weather to change to scatter him some where.  Yesterday my mom and I went to my lawyers and redid her will and I began mine and a living will.  I didn't give it a lot of thought but upon being asked some questions I realized I have some definite ideas about what I want to happen with my shit.  I have to go back now......  Ashes all the way for me.  I'll leave my real estate to someone who'll enjoy it rather than suck up some bullshit plot somewhere......

• 14 posts
    February 24, 2015 8:32 PM EST

Starting at a young age my grandmother use to take us with her to tend to the graves of family members on memorial Day. We were taught that you were not supposed to walk across the graves. To this day I won't walk across one. Death wasn't something that was ever kept from us as children so I guess for us it was just part of life. I don't like funerals but have no problem going to them. We were taught it is what you are supposed to do. I have been with a number of people when they were dying and as sad as it was I would do it all over again so that I could be there and provide what comfort to them that I can. 

• 26 posts
    February 25, 2015 3:51 AM EST
    You could be freaked out by graveyards/burial for a few different reasons. I just started posting on the ouija board thread some of my story, I thought why not be myself on here. could get a few laughs from folks a few jeers too.
    Gravesites seem to be a little link to those that were buried there. Even if it is just a body. I once walked through a graveyard and connected in to see who would talk to me. I remember one in particular the headstone was only a hammer and sickle, very stern and agressive "Leave me alone" he said.
    The only open casket I ever went to was that of my best friend Rikta (Rick) he was murdered by a crackhead, stabbed like 40 times with a kitchen knife. Fucked up really fucked up. it was 4 years ago on the 4th this month.
    When I went to see him, not there the body was empty, thats not rick I thought, thats his body but that is not Rick. it was vacant as a steak or lamb chop. no spirit, no soul, empty.
    Funerals ARE sad, they are very sad. Letting go of things we love is very hard. That part of your life is now gone, an empty space. I don't have a new best friend, you can't replace something like that. It's not like I traded in my old bike so now I get a new one.
    But letting go IS what life is about. If we only hold onto what we have we don't grow, we don't change, we don't evolve. Life is a fluid progression, everything constantly changes. If it didn't it would be stagnant and boring and without purpose.

For me I want to build a minature viking boat, laws don't alow burning of bodies unless professional or whatever. BUT if I get cremated first then get my ashes put onto a sweet little norse boat, set on fire and pushed out onto a sweet lake that's a compromise I am willing to make.
    • 23 posts
    March 1, 2015 11:09 PM EST
    I once stumbled through a graveyard in New Orleans in the middle of the night, the inhabitants were not pleased, i had to leave in a hurry
    • 45 posts
    April 5, 2015 12:30 AM EDT

I've just been given the best blow job in my entire life.... I thought I'd come here and share that with you.

............. Oh!!!!

• 18 posts
    April 8, 2015 3:03 PM EDT

WonkyDonkey said:

I've just been given the best blow job in my entire life.... I thought I'd come here and share that with you.

............. Oh!!!!

Sucking your own dick doesn't count, though....

• 6 posts
    April 9, 2015 7:07 PM EDT

I grew up in a house whose yard bordered, on two sides, a 23 acre cemetery.  It was our playground.  The best time was just as it was getting dark.  We lived to play king of the royal mountain on the grass covered vault and ride our bikes on the paved traffic free roads.